Tilapia with Escarole and Lemon-Pepper Oil
Total Time:30 minPrep15 minCook15 minYield:4 servingsLevel:Easy
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces baby fingerling potatoes, halved, or small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 head escarole (about 1 1/4 pounds), torn into pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds tilapia fillets, patted dry
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves torn
- Juice of 1 lemon
Season the fish with salt and pepper; place on top of the greens in the pan and sprinkle with the oregano leaves. Cover and steam until the fish is just cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the lemon juice in a bowl with the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with 1 teaspoon salt and plenty of pepper.
Carefully lift the fish off the greens and transfer to rimmed plates or bowls. Distribute the greens, potatoes and pan juices around the fish. Drizzle with the lemon-pepper oil.
Per serving: Calories 465; Fat 30 g (Sat. 5 g; Mono. 20.5 g; Poly. 3.6 g); Cholesterol 70 mg; Sodium 590 mg; Carbohydrate 20 g; Fiber 6 g; Protein 32 g
Photograph By Antonis Achilleos